The developers at XDA Developers Forum have developed many custom ROMs for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 so far. But in order to install any custom ROM on your Galaxy Note 2, you must install custom recovery like ClockworkMod on it.
Installing so is damn simple, and your device must be rooted first to proceed with its installation. I am here to teach you in the simplest manner that how you can root your Galaxy Note 2 and can install custom Recovery on it. Just follow the process.
- Take backup of entire important data. You can do it in manual way or if you don’t know how to do it manually, you can use any good app meant for this purpose.
- It’s good to start the process while the battery meter to be at its extreme level. 60 percent or more will also do.
How to Root & Install ClockworkMod Recovery on Galaxy Note 2
- First of all download the Root Package for your Samsung Galaxy Note 2. Click here to do so.
- Download Odin from here.
- Switch off your Note 2 and enter it into the Download Mode by pressing the Volume Down+Home+Power buttons together.
- Connect the Galaxy Note 2 with PC using USB cable. Make sure that the Odin is running the background before you connect your Note 2 with PC.
- Click on ‘PDA’ button in Odin and then locate the root package. The same that you downloaded in the first step.
- Tick the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time boxes while uncheck the Repartition box.
- Click on ‘Start’. The rooting process will start and will take a few minutes to get completed.
- Once this rooting process gets completed, your Galaxy Note 2 will reboot automatically.
- That’s it. You have successfully rooted your Galaxy Note 2. Let’s now work for installing ClockworkMod Recovery on it.
- For this, just download ROM Manager app and install the same. Download the file from here.
- Run the app. Look for option in it that reads Flash ClockworkMod Recovery. Once you find it, simply tap on it.
- The next screen will require you to provide your device’s name. A list of device’s name will be shown. Find your device’s name i.e. Samsung Galaxy Note 2 in this list and tap on it.
- The app will download the ClockworkMod Recovery and will install the same on your device itself.
- Just wait for a few minutes for the installation to get completed. Once it is done, simply reboot your Galaxy Note 2.
That’s it. You have successfully rooted and installed ClockworkMod Recovery on your Galaxy Note 2. Start installing custom ROMs on it.