The South Korean firm Samsung has released Android 4.1.2 build I9300XXELLA firmware for Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 users. The firmware brings fix to ’Exynos 4 Bug’ and an issue named ‘Sudden Death’. The firmware lets you enjoy Galaxy Note II like features in your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300.
The major features in this firmware includes Multi-View, Page Buddy, New Gallery App, Paper Artist App etc. The firmware is released officially in UK, and soon will be available in all other countries. But every Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 user can install it manually. Check out this tutorial to do so.
- Take the backup of important data like SMS, Call Logs. Use any app or do it manually.
- Charge your Galaxy S3 so that battery shows at least 80 percent level.
- Download and install the USB drivers on your PC. Download it from here.
- You must enable USB Debugging Mode. Navigate to Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging. Check the box there.
Process to Install the Latest Official & Stable Android 4.1.2 Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300
- Download the I9300XXELLA Android 4.1.2 official firmware from here.
- Download Odin v3.07 from here.
- Extract both the downloaded files to your desired location on PC/laptop.
- Switch off your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 and press the Power + Home + Volume Down button to enter it to Download Mode.
- Open Odin on your computer, and connect the Galaxy S3 to it via USB cable.
- If the connection is successful, one of ID:COM boxes will turn yellow. Otherwise it won’t. If it happens, try to connect the device again.
- Select the files to root. Here’s how you go with it.
Click the PDA Button, and select file named code.
Click the Phone Button, and select file named modem.
Click the CSC Button, and select file named csc.
Click the PIT Button, and select .pit file. If this file is not there, leave it!
- Tick the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time check boxes.
- Just click on ‘Start’ button and let the Odin do task for you.
That’s all. Just enjoy the newly released Official & Stable Android 4.1.2 I9300XXELLA Firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300. Use the comment section to ask your problems regarding the process.